Eastern Shore Treasure
Gibson’s Grant is a nature-inspired community of specially crafted NEW homes inspired by 18th and 19th century Eastern Shore history. Here in the ‘land of pleasant living’, you will enjoy a distinct quality of life that generations have cherished. Gibson’s Grant is Kent Island, Maryland's premier luxury waterfront community.
This new home community is a world away from frantic city life, yet just minutes from Annapolis, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. At Gibson’s Grant, you buy more than a home, you take ownership in a community. Embrace a way of life that allows you to live life to the fullest, connect with your community and your neighbors, and still be only 10 minutes from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. In this managed community , you can relax and live the carefree lifestyle you deserve! Forget about spending your weekends cutting grass! The monthly community fee includes the maintenance of your yard, as well as clubhouse membership, pool, a community pier, walking trails, and more! Whether it's a vacation home or an everyday way of life you seek, Gibson's Grant is the Kent Island Nature Community of your dreams.
Come visit today and see what everyone is buzzing about!
Priced from $519,900.
Call (888) 673-1097 for more info.
Home Site Availability
Single Family Home Sites
Covell Communities Single Family Home Sites
|Lot No.||Width||Depth||Sq. Ft.||Feature||Pemium||March 2015|
|2||40'||112'||4,478||Creek View||SPEC||INQUIRE (*)|
|3||40'||112'||4,478||Creek View||SPEC||INQUIRE (*)|
|31||New||Section||Release||Water & Marsh View||$65,000||$35,000|
|33||New||Section||Release||Water & Marsh View||$65,000||$35,000|
|48||New||Section||Release||Water & Marsh View||$145,000||$115,000 (*)|
|52||New||Section||Release||Water & Marsh View||$75,000||$45,000 (*)|
|86||50'||111'||5,579||Wooded Rear Yard||$20,000||$10,000|
|87||60'||111'||6,694||Wooded Rear Yard||$10,000||$0|
|88||60'||111'||6,694||Wooded Rear Yard||SPEC||INQUIRE|
|93||Water's||Edge||7,027||Pond Front View||$80,000||$50,000|
|94||Water's||Edge||5,938||Pond Front View||$80,000||$50,000|
|96||Water's||Edge||6,797||Pond Front View||$80,000||$50,000|
|129||50'||110'||5,500||Full Basement||$0||$0 (1)|
|145||74'||105'||7,770||Pond Front View||$140,000||$110,000|
|229||79'||118'||9,318||Park & Marsh View||$20,000||$0 (2) (*)|
|246||50'||121'||6,050||Creek & Marsh View||$40,000||$10,000|
|248||68'||124'||8,497||Creek & Marsh View||$50,000||$20,000|
Developer Premium Lots
|Lot No.||Width||Depth||Sq. Ft.||Feature||Pemium||March 2015|
|21||62'||115'||7,138||River & Creek View||$295,000||$260,000|
|25||62'||115'||7,138||River & Marsh View||$300,000||$265,000 (*)|
|26||50'||100'||5,000||River & Marsh View||$270,000||$235,000|
|27||40'||100'||4,000||River & Marsh View||$280,000||$245,000|
|28||40'||100'||4,000||River & Marsh View||$270,000||$235,000|
|30||40'||109'||4,360||Water & Marsh View||$235,000||$200,000|
|49||40'||111'||4,440||Water & Marsh View||$140,000||$105,000|
|50||40'||111'||4,440||Water & Marsh View||$140,000||$105,000|
|51||40'||111'||4,440||Water & Marsh View||$140,000||$105,000|
|98||67'||110'||6,408||Pond Front View||$140,000||$105,000 (*)|
|146||50'||100'||5,000||Water & Marsh View||$300,000||$265,000 (*)|
|249||88'||118'||10,364||Creek & Marsh View||$55,000||$20,000|
(1) Lot Premium includes the cost of a full un-finished basement below the main home and separate detached garage in rear on alley.
Design & Exterior
- Wide Selection of Floor Plan Designs
- Historical and Regional Architectural Detailing (Eastern Shore Elegance)
- Three Floor Plan Styles to Match Your Individual Lifestyle (Classic, Executive and Legacy Series)
- Mix and Match First & Second Floor Plans to Create a Personalized Solutions (Your home your way)
- Internal Architectural and Interior Design Departments Allows for Flexibility and Customization (Meeting your unique needs & wishes)
Elevation and Floor Plan Features
- Full Length Front Porch with Standing Seam “Kynar” Metal Roofing (Your choice of colors)
- Elevated First Floors with Integrated Custom Blended Brick Foundations (Stately elegance)
- Air Conditioned Half Basement with Finished Concrete Floors (Exceptional floor warmth & internal storage)
- Oversized Garage with Finished Drywall and Painted Interiors (Depending on Community)
- Covered Breezeway or porch connection to Garage (per plan)
- Extensive Exterior Elevations Schemes and Porch Styles (Uniqueness and streetscape variety)
- Professionally Designed Exterior Color Schemes (A hallmark of the quality look of our homes)
- Conditioned Crawlspace or Basement with Exterior Waterproofing Featuring Perimeter Drain-tile, in-
- Ground Sump and Automatic Sump Pump or “Smart-Vent” Automatic Storm and High Water
- Flood Doors. (Depending on Home site conditions)
- “Hardie-Plank” Cement Siding with “Hardi-Shingle” Accents (per Plan)
- “Certainteed” Cement Soffit Trim (No Vinyl or Aluminum wrap to fade or blow off in the wind)
- Maintenance Free Exterior Composite Trim and Fascia on all Exterior trim (Life-time durability)
- Maintenance Free Fiberglass Columns and Composite Handrails
- “Fiberon” Tropics Series Fastener Free Composite Decking (Authentic Exotic Wood Appearance)
- “Weather Master” Ice and water Shield Membrane Ice Damage Protection (All Roof Edges and Perimeters)
- “Tamco or Certainteed ” 40 Year Architectural Series Dimensional Asphalt Shingle Roof (Exceptional style)
- “Andersen Silver-Line” Architectural Series Tilt Sash Vinyl Windows (Superior Performance and Style)
- “Therma-True” Fiberglass and Insulated Steel Entry Doors (Weather Tight Protection)
- “Kwikset” Smart-Lock Designers Entry door Hardware with Deadbolts (all Exterior Doors)
- “Wayne Dalton” Carriage style steel Garage Doors with Black Accent Hardware
- “Lift Master” Automatic Garage Door Opener with Remote Control (Safety and dependable convenience)
- Architectural Styled Vinyl Shutters or Expanded width Window Surrounds (matched to elevation design)
- Frost Free Exterior Hose Bibs (2) (Front and Rear)
- Waterproof Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFI) Exterior Electrical Outlet (all Decks and Porches)
- “Progress” Architectural Series Exterior door Lanterns (Front and Rear entry Doors)
- Designer Landscape Package featuring “Eastern Shore Native “ Plants and Materials
Interior & Kitchen
- Elegant nine (9’) Foot Ceilings on both First & Second Floors (8’ ceilings in optional floor levels)
- 36” Gas Fireplace with Black Slate Surround, Internal Heater Fan and Remote Control (Living Room).
- True ¾” Tongue & Groove Engineered Oak or Bamboo Hardwood Flooring (Entire First Floor)
- “Sterling” Windham Elongated Comfort Height Toilets (all Bathrooms)
- Interior Trim Package (Creating the look that makes our homes stand apart)
- Two Piece Crown Molding (Throughout the Entire First Floor)
- Colonial Style 6-panel Interior Doors (Smooth Skin and Extra Wide for Easy Access)
- Oversized 3 ¼” Colonial Casing (All First Floor Windows and Doors / Second Floor Aprons)
- Oversized 5 ¼” OG Colonial Base Trim (All Floors Levels)
- Oversized Chair Rail with Box Panel Wainscoting below (Dining Room)
- Designer Multi-Color Interior Paint Finish featuring “McCormick” Paints
- Decorator White Interior Trim & Doors (Semi-Gloss Finish)
- Shell White Interior Walls (Egg-Shell Finish)
- Bright White Interior Ceilings (Flat Finished)
- “Daltile Brixton” 12x12 Matte Finish Marbleize Ceramic Tile Floors & 9x12 Semi-gloss Finish Marbleized
- Ceramic Tile in the Tub and Shower Surrounds (Master Bathroom only)
- “Daltile” 6x6 Matte Finish Ceramic Tile Floors & 6x6 Ceramic Tile Gloss Finish on the Tub and Shower
- surrounds (all Secondary Baths)
- Brushed Nickel or Polished Brass Hinges on all Interior Doors (all Floor Levels)
- “Kwikset” Chelsea Thumb-Latch Door Lock and Pull with Smart-key Deadbolt (Coastal Collection Homes)
- “Kwikset” Hancock Knob Smart-key Lock with Smart-key Deadbolt (Central Park Collection Homes)
- “Kwikset” Hancock Interior Knobs in Brushed Nickel or Polished Brass Finish (all Interior Doors)
- Real Wood Divided Light French Entry Doors into Library (per Plan)
- Ventilated Bedroom, Pantry and Linen Closet Shelving (Dust-free, contact-proof storage)
- “Progress” Interior Lighting Fixtures (Tasteful finishes to match your style by room/location)
- Recessed Wall mounted Water and Waste Connections in Laundry Room (Clean and neat!)
- “The Dryer Box” Recessed Dryer Connection with Exterior Vent (greater efficiency and safety)
- “Mohawk” Portico Ultra-Strand Nylon Carpeting with “3M Scotch-Gard” protection (Plush comfort)
- “Wolf” Maple Wood Cabinetry with Plywood Construction and Dovetail Drawers (Quality)
- “Wolf” Crown molding package on all upper cabinets (A touch of elegance)
- “KitchenAid” Stainless Steel Appliance Package (Style and dependability)
- 22 cu.ft. French Door Refrigerator with internal Ice and Water Dispenser.
- 30” Five (5) Burner Gas Cooktop / Double Oven with Convection and Self Cleaning Range.
- 24” Six (6) Cycle/Five (5) Option Dishwasher with Stainless Steel Interior Tub
- 2.0 cu,ft. 1000-watt Microwave / Hood Vent Combination Oven
- Authentic Granite Counter Tops (Your Choice of Six (6)Level I Colors)
Construction & Experience
Covell Communities exclusive "Sanctuary Construction System"
- On-Site Built Structural Framing with Cross Deck Sheathing (exceptional Storm and Wind strength)
- 2x6 Exterior Wall Construction (Setting the standard for Excellence & Extra Deep Window Sills)
- High Strength Galvanized Anchoring System (Hurricane sustainability)
- 7/16” Oriented Strand Board Plywood Wall & Roof Sheathing (Strength, Stability and Wind Resistance)
- “CBC” Engineered Open Web Truss System (Maximum Spam Length, Strength and Design Flexibility)
- 3/4” Tongue and Groove Oriented Strand Board Plywood Subfloor (Rigid and Sound retention)
- Engineered Heal Cut Roof Trusses (Maximum Energy Efficiency and Superior Strength)
Energy Efficient Home Features
- “Super Seal” Low-E Energy Series Single Hung Vinyl Windows with Tilt Sash
- “Benchmark” Insulated Exterior Steel Doors
- “Comfort-Maker” High Efficiency Heat Pump with Propane Backup (per Plan)
- “Comfort-Maker” 13+ SEER High Efficiency Air Conditioning Condensing Unit
- Insulation Package:
- R-49 Fiberglass Insulation in Attic Ceilings
- R-19 Fiberglass Insulation in All Overhangs and Bay Windows (per Plan)
- R-20 Fiberglass Insulation in All Exterior Side Walls
- R-13 Fiberglass Insulation in All Basement / Crawlspace Walls (per Plan)
- “Tyvek” House wrap w/ Exclusive “Tyvek” Straight Flash Taping around all windows
- Energy Air Seal package (Caulking all sill plates, doors, penetrations and stud to stud connections)
- Neoprene Foundation Sill Sealing Insulation
- “BF Goodrich -Flow Guard Gold” CPCV water distribution system (quite, dependable and long lasting)
- Public water and Sewer service (Maintenance free, safe and dependable)
- Propane Gas Service with Community Storage (Supplier varies by projects)
- “Blaze Master” Fire Suppression System
Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
- Direct Contact and Consultation with Builder and Senior Staff
- Internal Architectural Design Department
- Internal Interior Design Consultant
- Separate Structural and Finish Selection Meetings and Deadlines
- Pre-Construction Orientation Meeting with Construction Manager
- Pre-Drywall Inspection with Construction Manager
- New Home Orientation and Preliminary Inspection Meeting
- Pre-Settlement Inspection and Review
- 2/10 10 Year Extended Structural Warranty Provided by Builder
- Personal Contact with Entire Project Team throughout the experience
- Internal Warranty Service Department that Makes Sure that the Promise is Delivered After You Settle
- Company Commitment to Ensuring That Your Life is Truly Enhanced by the Purchase of Your Covell Communities Home
Traditional Neighborhood Design
This design ensures livability and sustainability for generations to come. The community center is the focal point of the property where all amenities can be found just steps away from your home. Tree-lined streets feature generous sidewalks that foster neighborly interaction. At Gibson’s Grant, we place more importance on people and human interaction than on cars and traffic flow. You’ll see why life is better on this side of the Chesapeake.
The Gibson’s Grant Community Center is where neighbors of all ages will meet, play, and relax. The buildings will hearken back to the style of the original barns and estate house. Enjoy a community swimming pool and sundeck plus, an outdoor pavilion with a fireplace, and a complete fitness room and clubroom.
Connected with Nature
Kent Island is a haven for wildlife, and Gibson’s Grant is no exception. Our conservation-based community has been thoughtfully integrated into an exceptional Eastern Shore environment. There are 55 acres of wetlands on the property, and the Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center (CBEC) has already established a program of environmental education seminars here in the community.
Nature Walk & Community Pier
The Gibson’s Grant Nature Walk lets you explore 55 acres of abundant, restored native wetlands, and catch close-ups of your winged neighbors. For spectacular Chester River views, just stroll down the Gibson’s Grant pier on the north side of the community. This is the perfect spot to revel in breathtaking sunrises and sunsets.
A Nature-Inspired Community
In the 1600s, King William II granted American settler John Gibson these picturesque coastal woodlands on the Chester River and Macum Creek. Today, this charming waterfront setting has been preserved as Gibson’s Grant so that your family will have the rare opportunity to live in a brand new yet completely traditional Kent Island neighborhood.
There are several beautiful and challenging golf courses surrounding Gibson’s Grant. Hunter’s Oak, located just fifteen minutes east in Queenstown, provides a Scottish links-style course, and is home to the authentic Scottish Pub & Grille Dornoch House. Queenstown Harbor, also in Queenstown, offers 36 holes and premium forecaddies. And Prospect Bay, just ten minutes away in Grasonville, has an 18-hole championship course and restaurant.
Fishing and Cruise Charters
Whether you want to fish or just cruise, Kent Island offers seasonal charter services for half-day, full-day, or multi-day trips for both small and large groups. Charter services are available in multiple locations from numerous vendors from Stevensville to the Kent Narrows.
Nearby Kent Narrows separates Kent Island from the Eastern Shore mainland, and is home to a number of well known and respected seafood restaurants and retail outlet stores. Enjoy the fresh catch of the day, or the stylish bargain of the day—or both. Kent Island is renowned for its many excellent crabhouses and seafood restaurants.
Anne Arundel Medical Center—Kent Island is a service-intensive satellite office of the respected Annapolis hospital that offers urgent care, diagnostic imaging, and more, and is located within mere minutes of Gibson’s Grant.
Matapeake State Park, on Kent Island's western shore, offers views of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, boat ramps, and a 900-foot long fishing pier, while Terrapin Beach Nature Park, located just north of the Bay Bridge, offers a one-mile nature trail and a scenic boardwalk to the Chesapeake Bay. And, there are softball and baseball fields, tennis courts, and soccer fields all along the park’s walking trail.
The cross-island trail traverses the width of Kent Island, and was completed in 2001. The trail serves as part of the American Discovery Trail, a coast-to-coast hiking and biking trail that travels across the United States through places of national historical importance.
Visit the following websites for more information:
Hours: Daily 10 - 6 or by appointment.
Visit our model home at 114 Thomas White Blvd., Chester, MD
From Washington D.C.: Take Rte 50 E/301 N across the Bay Bridge. Once over the Bay Bridge, travel 2.75 miles and take ext 39-B (Dominion Rd.). Turn right on Dominion Rd., then turn right onto Main St./Route 18. Once you have passed over Route 50, turn right onto Piney Creek Rd. The entrance to Gibson's Grant--make second left onto John Gibson Drive , then left onto Thomas White Blvd. Our model home is located on the left at 114 Thomas White Blvd.
Covell Communities at Gibson's Grant 114 Thomas White Boulevard Chester, MD 21619